Peak Performance Chiropractic & Wellness has been eagerly awaiting the day when we can welcome clients back through our doors. We are excited to announce that we are beginning to reopen both chiropractic and massage in compliance with the local, state and national regulations. We have worked diligently during the closure of our office due to COVID-19 to update our already rigorous sanitation and safety standards.
We want all of our patients and employees to feel safe at the office. You might notice some changes during your next visit as we have implemented new policies and procedures which we’ve outlined below:
Enhanced cleaning procedures including 20 minutes between each appointment to deep clean rooms and common areas.
AVOID THE CROWDS:
Curbside check in is now in place to avoid too many people gathering in the waiting area. We ask that all patients call us from their car upon arrival and we will tell them when to enter.
EQUIP OUR TEAM:
Temperature screenings, face masks, face shields and gowns will be used to ensure our team is well and ready for your service. Our therapists will be tested for covid every 14 days as long as we remain in phase 3.
ENSURE CLIENT WELLNESS:
Precautionary measures include face masks, temperature checks, and affirmation that you aren’t sick or haven’t been around anyone that has been sick. We have added HEPA air purification units in every room. All blankets and table warmers have been removed for extra sanitation. Chairs have been spaced in our waiting room to meet 6ft social distancing recommendations. Floor stickers have been added in the waiting room, which ensure 6ft distance for safe waiting during check in and check out. All magazines and reading material have been removed from the waiting room. We have installed a plexiglass sneeze shield at the front counter. Patients must check in from their car. Staff will let them know when it’s appropriate to enter the building.
INCREASE SAFETY TRAINING:
Increased education for our team focused on patient and staff safety.
WHAT PEAK PERFORMANCE IS COMMITTED TO:
- Meeting or exceeding all state, local and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene. All disinfectants used in the studio are verified to ensure they meet theEPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Staggered appointments to minimize social contact and curbside check-in via phone call to avoid gathering in waiting areas
- Employee temperature screenings at the start of their shift to guarantee a temperature of 100.4 or lower (in accordance with CDC recommendations) to ensure our team is well and ready for your service.
- All staff members will wear a mask when in the lobby, during any interaction with a client, or when in the break room.
- Increased education for our team focused on sanitation and hygiene standards for patient and staff safety.
WHAT WE ARE REQUESTING CLIENTS TO COMMIT TO:
- Temperature check via a thermometer prior to your service (Clients with a temperature of 100.4 or higher must reschedule their appointment with no late cancel fee or penalty)
- Affirmation that you aren’t sick or haven’t been around anyone that has been sick
- Wear a face mask during all times of your massage
- Enjoy our one-on-one service provided in the comfort and safety of your own private room.
- Please note there will be no reflexology or any facial massage work for the time being.
- Please note there will be a temporary $5 surcharge on ALL massage services due to required PPE equipment required by the state.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR NEXT VISIT:
To enjoy your experience to the fullest, we ask that guests be aware of the following standards and requests to help us ensure your safety and comfort as well as that of other clients and studio employees.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- All patients are encouraged to have new patient paperwork completed upon arrival.
- All patients must answer the following health screening questions at time of booking* (verbal), and at time of session (written):
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, and shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
- Have you had close contact or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Curbside check-in. Clients must call the office when they arrive and we will tell them when they can enter the building. Prior to their appointment they will complete their temperature check and health screening questionnaire.
- Patients are required to have their temperature taken via thermometer prior to their session and sanitize their hands. Clients with a temperature of 100.4 or higher must reschedule their appointment with no late cancel fee or penalty. (Massage Therapist temperature will be taken at the start of their shift)
- The entire room is disinfected, including table, bolster, face cradle, door handles, drawer handles, cabinets stools, and light switch
- Room will be prepared with fresh sheets and face cradle cover
- Massage therapists will wash their hands before going to the lobby to greet their guests
DURING YOUR SESSION:
- Massage therapists will wear a face mask, face shield, and gown. Face masks are required to be worn at all times by patients.
- For extra sanitation precautions, all table warmers and blankets have been removed from treatment rooms until further notice.
- No facial massage work will be performed until further notice
AFTER EACH SESSION:
- 20 minute turnover period between each session to perform the necessary sanitation protocols and complete the procedures detailed above.